RCR 40 MKI AND MKII
The GT40 is perhaps the most iconic race car of the 60s. When the Ford Motor Company was left at the altar trying to buy Ferrari, their response was "If we can't buy 'em, we'll beat 'em". And so the GT40 was born, with only one goal in mind: beat Ferrari at their own game of long-distance sports car racing.
As most everyone knows, it did just that, scoring four dominating wins at Le Mans in the 24-hour race before rules changes finally obsoleted it.
The original race cars are actually still around, and unsurprisingly, there are several companies making a range of replicas. But the only one with bodies molded from original cars, and an aluminum monocoque chassis and CNC-machined aluminum suspension is Race Car Replicas.
Available in MK1, and MKII versions, the cars can also be ordered with an optional gurney bubble, and wide fender flares to complete the look of the later cars. With just a 18-20 week delivery, the iconic look of the GT40 can be yours, in your choice of livery and options.
The original GT40 a little small for you? Check out the Superlite GT-R for a similar, more modern car with lots of room.
- Drive: Left hand (LHD) or right hand (RHD)
- Overall Length: 164.5"
- Width: 66" (standard fenders, add 2-4" for Gulf-style flares)
- Height: 40.5"
- Wheelbase: 95"
- Weight: 2,350 lbs typical with 289/302
- Weight Distribution: 45% front, 55% rear (typical, depends on drivetrain and other choices)
- Ground Clearance: 4-5", depending on setup
- Drivetrain Configuration: Mid-engine (typically a Ford V8)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20 gallons total
- Suspension: Similar to original, but fabricated billet aluminum uprights, control arms and braces.
- Chassis Construction: All-aluminum monocoque chassis, consisting of sheet and billet parts, completely TIG-welded.
- Body Construction: Hand-laid fiberglass (body, inner and outer panels)
Quelle: Koorperationspartner - Race Car Relicas